30 November 2011 : Written by Rhian Evans
Now, most people may think going camping in the Winter is a crazy prospect. But when you think about it, maybe it isn't so weird after all. People camp in cold conditions all over the world and enjoy it, and, to be honest, most of us in the UK camp in cold conditions year round with our less than consistent "Summer" weather. Surely, it is just a matter of having the right kit, a bit of knowledge, and the right mind-set?
At Campingninja we have put together a list of advantages and disadvantages of Winter Camping - what do you think?
Add your own ideas and thoughts in the comment....
Advantages of Winter camping
- Views are great without the leaves
- Drinking water stays cold
- Beer stays cold
- No crowds
- No insects to bite you
- No waking up at 6am thinking you have mistakenly slept in an oven
- You have an excuse to buy some great new kit
- You have a feeling of truly being at one with the elements
Disadvantages of Winter camping
- It's cold
- Drinking water could freeze
- Beer could freeze
- Higher chance of extreme weather
- Most of you're friends think you're crazy
- You may wake up at 6am thinking you have mistakenly slept in a freezer
- You have to buy new kit which may be expensive
- Not easy to get others to come with you